Tools

WIN $100,000,000,000!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Just out of interest, I am going to shoot the same ammo in other 223 rifles we have, and post the results.

Also, I am going to look what 308 rifles we have, and might do the same test in these as well.

dancingKeep reading my Threads, Saeed, as they may inspire you to do more testing. clapIt may not be gainful employment but it might keep you busy and happy. I will sleep sound and fullfilled tonight having this thought in mind. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
OK, then, 211 920 fps (thanks MR, I suspect that someone may throw in some extremes on the weights, as I believe SAEED has done to Walterhog on occasion)

Hah!
Looks like I should have stayed with first guess.

I noticed that, but I didn't want to rub salt in the wound.

Don't you remember your seventh grade math teacher telling you that you should always stick with your first guess?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess 283.45

God loves you

Posts: 107 | Location: sumner, wa | Registered: 18 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, The number I came up with almost no thought and very little deliberation is 383 FPS Cheers George

Posts: 63 | Location: Fla. | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hipster
posted Hide Post
236 Feet per second dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll guess 383!

Posts: 117 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 30 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
187fps average.

One of Us
Picture of coyote bait
posted Hide Post

Life is too short to be taken seriously, it is only temporary and none of us are getting out of it alive.

Posts: 45 | Location: Miltonvale, Kansas | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My guess would be 252 fps.

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
251Big Grin

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The difference in velocity between the rifles is 0, now if you had asked about the ammo----??
BTW which ammo sample gets dropped? 14 was mentioned but 15 are listed.

grins--love to pick a few nits fishing

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 140gr bullets go 2962FPS.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote