THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: weatherby vanguard 257wby

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: weatherby vanguard 257wby
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
That's the one of the things that stopped me from buying one of those vanguards also. I don't want to end up with a hamstrung 257 weatherby with 25-06 ballistics. I've heard you lose anywhere from 20-75 fps per inch of barrel depending on the characteristics of the cartridge and the propellent used. My guess is that overbore magnums suffer the worst. They need more barrel to burn all that slow burning powder. Maybe someone who owns a vanguard 24"bbl in 257 Weatherby will chirp in here with some fps numbers from their chronograph.

Posts: 69 | Location: Milwaukie, Oregon | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in one of these but it only comes with a 24" barrel,will the performance suffer badley?
thanks

Posts: 120 | Location: yukon | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote