THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Anyone try the Hornady 85gr IBs yet?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone try the Hornady 85gr IBs yet?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted
Received these yesterday as blemished bullets, though I dont see any blemish cept for the copper color is a little off, guess thats why theyre blems. Read 2 reviews on these bullets over at Midway, and they dont look very promising. Loaded up 5 with the same load as I loaded the 87 HPs, which is 47.5grs. RE19, which shoot pretty well, guess Ill have to wait and see if theyre as bad as the reviews on Midway. Just wondering if anyone has tried them. Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a box which I hope to try out this week. They look sleek. The jacket looks VERY highly scored so I would think they will certainly expand well.

What were the poor reviews? Poor accuracy or over expansion/poor weight retention etc?

one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
It was an accuracy issue. If I know IBs, they will hold together and expand very well.

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote