THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Win 223 shells (45 gr HP @3600fps?)

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win 223 shells (45 gr HP @3600fps?)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted
I shot the new Winchester 223 ammo that was listed on the box at 3600 fps with a 45 grain HP bullet. I only got 3400 fps out of my Rem 223 with a 24 inch barrel. Has anyone else shot these?

Worked great on rockchucks at 75 yards.
Thanks!
Snapper

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use them for coyotes.
Price is right, accurate in my rifle and does the job on coyotes.
I like 'em too.

Posts: 162 | Location: Boise | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same loads went 3400fps out of my Cooper 21 w/24" barrel. Accuracy is good for a budget factory round (0.7" at 100yds).

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good deal. Have any of you used the "UltraMAX" ammo for 223? I have purchased and shot several 50 round boxes (about 11.90/box) in 55 grain soft point, and the accuracy is excellent. Price is fair also. These are remanufactured rounds which I believe means they are using once fired brass.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Winchester .223 white box went 3675 out of my friend's Savage 10FP. I have shot a bunch of the .223 Ultra MAx loaded with the 50 gr Speer TNT, and they all shot great, too.

one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for how the 223 white box 45 grainers shoot i can tell you that out of my .22-250 that these are loaded pretty hot. They say 4000 fps on the box and I believe it they have considerable more recoil and even slightly flatten the primer out of my ruger. the have more juice than the other factory stuff i shoot and more than my handloads that consist of a 55 grain vmax pushed with 38 grains of h380. the ultramax are really good shells too they shoot sub moa out my father in laws ruger 223

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a caution...Winchester does not recommend these in barrels with faster than 1/9 twist. I shot a box of 'em in a rifle with 1/8.5 twist and had a few of 'em come apart in flight.

They were decently accurate, though.

Posts: 132 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a box of the Winchester's this evening so I will be trying them out in a day or so. I know I am impressed with Ultramax for low cost ammo, and these are close to that.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote