Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 243 #1 RSI mannlicher
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted
Gun is sold-money en route, but this was a shooter, took it out today, for grins, 6x swarovski, 200 yds, Winchester 95 grain ballistic tips put 3 into 1.25-1 3/8", 2 shots touching. Shot 100gr corelokts into a 3 shot group of 1 5/8", 2 about an inch.

The above factory ammo of all things shot 2 3-shot groups from .6-.8 MOA.

And who says a single shot Ruger is inaccurate? Baloney!!!

Well, it is going hunting in the morning for opening day, can't help it as it's found a new home but maybe I will get one more deer or hog.......

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6.5BR:
Gun is sold-money en route, but this was a shooter, took it out today, for grins, 6x swarovski, 200 yds, Winchester 95 grain ballistic tips put 3 into 1.25-1 3/8", 2 shots touching. Shot 100gr corelokts into a 3 shot group of 1 5/8", 2 about an inch.

The above factory ammo of all things shot 2 3-shot groups from .6-.8 MOA.

And who says a single shot Ruger is inaccurate? Baloney!!!

Well, it is going hunting in the morning for opening day, can't help it as it's found a new home but maybe I will get one more deer or hog.......

All my hunting rifles are No 1s. your results are no surprise to me.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
Funny thing is how I have heard the #1's don't shoot, yet I have had 4 (270/2506 in 1B and 2-243's, 1A/RSI), and the last 3 shot great out of the box. Groups above are what many get with bolt guns out of the box, factory ammo.

What calibers have you used.

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i had a RSI 7x57 that i mounted a leupold scout scope on in extension rings.
the thing was lightning fat on the point and i never missed an animal with it.
i messed up and sold it to a fellow who said he was going to customize it with case hardning and steel buttplates and all sorts of expensive doo-dads. the wood was amazing .

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my #1A 7X57 is also very acurate...tj3006

freedom1st