New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite 220 Swift Loads
 Login/Join

<jacon>
posted
I am sure this topic has been covered adnausium but please indulge me. What are your favorite 220 swift loads.

one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
Favorite Light Load: 40gr H380 with a 40gr V-max moly in WW with CCI 250. Brass lasts forever and in my bone stock M700 VS it goes 1/2". Plenty good P-dog load...

Tim

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill Adams
posted Hide Post
Go to www.centerfirecentral.com ...find "pet loads", you'll find a bunch for 220. Also look at accuratereloading book on this site, bunch more stuff. BA

------------------
"It has been my experience that nothing improves the disposition of a scoundrel like hanging him." Andrew Jackson

Posts: 617 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 22 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill Adams
posted Hide Post
Should have said Reloading pages, instead of accuratereloading book. BA

Posts: 617 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 22 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I fell into this load and haven't tried many others. It isn't real hot and works great on coyotes.

Remington Brass
38.5 grains IMR-4064
Federal primer
Whatever 50 grain bullet is handy. Usually Sierra #1330 or Ballistic Tip.

Produces 1/2 inch groups from my 700 Classic.

Good luck, Joe.

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
<jacon>
posted
Any body work up a load using VTN150 of Accurate 2700 using Nosler 50 gr BTs? Looking to build a new rockchuck load to use this spring!

<Chuck66>
posted
I have found that for speed combined with accuracy that IMR 4064 works best for my 220.
I have two pages of data and I have found that for Praire Dogs that I like NBT 55gr. Molly Coated with 40.5gr of 4064 @ 4025 fps with .20 (5)shot groups (using fed match primers 210M). TAKE HEED THIS IS A VERY HOT LOAD YOU SHOULD START 36GR. AND WORK UP TILL YOU GET PRESSURE. I have blown primers at 41gr. on brass that had been loaded twice.
But shot a 5 shot group of .018 with "New Brass" at that load! at a speed of 4060fps.