Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes the best Bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Montana
posted
What were looking for here is high BC's and very accurate.

What Berger VLD's

Inform me!!

Posts: 571 | Location: Central, NC | Registered: 03 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey neighbor, I shoot 52 grain Berger MEF's and 52 grain Bruno's in my triple deuce. Both shoot very well with the accuracy edge going to the Bruno's. But for catastrophic kills you should should try the Berger MEF's. Crows literally explode. Can't inform on the VLD's as they require a special rate of twist to stabilize them.

<Crow>
posted
What caliber(s) are you talking about?

Rich

<reload>
posted
Try Jeff Fowler, He makes great custom bullets - E-mail brjef@loclnet.com Tell him the twist and the yardage you want to shoot.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
What do you mean, hunting or target bullets ?
But remeber, highest BC doesn't mean most accurate or game efective ! And look at twist requirements . . .

Try http://gscustom.co.za - belive the best hunting bullets aviable
http://www.lostriverballistic.com - J40 great target/tactical bullets, J36 - high BC hunting bullets
http://www.lapua.com - European #1 bullets

Jiri

Posts: 2080 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Montana
posted Hide Post
Plan on shooting .224 heavy bullets 60-80gr.

What is the most accurate with the highest BC.

Not interested in chest shooting deer, only crows, varmits,and tree rats in the head.

I am looking for .250 groups or better is this possible shooting heavy bullets. I know that most BR bullets are around 52 gr. in this caliber, but very poor BC and low SD.

What if we made bullets out of titanium about 1" long and weighing 50-60 gr. It is only a thought I do not no what the stuff weighs on that it is strong and light.

Oh. well thanks for any help.

Wayne

Posts: 571 | Location: Central, NC | Registered: 03 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
What is caliber and twist rate of your rifle ? Or do you plan to build rifle "around" bullet (I mean throat cut to exact length etc.) Every rifle is different and likes one bullet and not another. For example for 60 gr .224 HV bullet with BC .410 (G7 function) you need 1:8 twist and for 80gr .224 J40 (BC .624) bullets you need minimum 1:6.5 for stabilise it. But this bullets are not cheap and using it for rats is . . .

Jiri

quote:
Originally posted by Montana:
Plan on shooting .224 heavy bullets 60-80gr.

What is the most accurate with the highest BC.

Not interested in chest shooting deer, only crows, varmits,and tree rats in the head.

I am looking for .250 groups or better is this possible shooting heavy bullets. I know that most BR bullets are around 52 gr. in this caliber, but very poor BC and low SD.

What if we made bullets out of titanium about 1" long and weighing 50-60 gr. It is only a thought I do not no what the stuff weighs on that it is strong and light.

Oh. well thanks for any help.

Wayne

Posts: 2080 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote