Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hart Bullets
 Login/Join

posted
A friend just gave me 5 boxs of Hart .243 bullets. I've never heard of this company producing bullets- does anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: northern Vermont | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have Hart bullets in .224 (52gr)and .243 (70gr) and have used them off and on for years. At one time I thought they were quite good but now there are a lot of good bullets out there. Nosler B.T.'s are every bit as accurate as are the Sierra Match Kings and maybe others as well. I've known Wally Hart for years. He'a super guy whose rifles are among the best built anywhere. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They shoot well, but not to my standards. I weigh my bullets and my Hart 6mm's have varied as much as +/- .5gr. That's too much. Bergers generally vary by only +/-.1gr though there will be a few out as far as +/-.3gr. I'd say 80/100 will be right on the money. Sierra's are within their stated tolerance, +/-.3gr. Noslers are slightly better at +/-.2gr. Starke's pretty much match the Hart's. Speers are the worst weight variation-wise, at +/-.7gr.

I put my money into Bergers for my serious shooting, generally Noslers for curious/recreational data-collecting. -Rod-

Posts: 32 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 07 September 2003Reply With Quote