THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: A little update on D&R Sports...

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: A little update on D&R Sports...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
No problem. I was cautious and had my reservations but the price was too good to pass up. Next time I'll go with my gut. I just hope that these guys get me my money back in time for me to find another gun before Christmas.

-Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Years ago when I was a dealer, I dealt with D&R a LOT. I can tell you, at least then, they were a first rate outfit and they ALWAYS went out of their way to do the right thing. I seriously doubt much has changed over the last 15 years. My money says they'll treat you right. We have to remember that anyone, even you or me, can make a mistake. It's tough to handle, but it ain't the end of the world as long as they do the right thing.
Look at the bright side, you could be holding a stainless Sako Finnlight in your hands and the Sako rep could be telling you it's ok to shoot!

<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

They still have one for sale on Gunbroker...

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=26003284

Kinda interesting that they're still tryiong to sell something they "don't got none of", ain't it??

one of us
posted Hide Post
I see a problem with your order (unless you have left somthing out), and that is that they need a "signed in blue ink" hard copy of your dealers FFL, for their files. A "e-mail" of you dealers address dosn't mean squat.
The details are freely available on GB, and most dealers have the requirments listed in the discription.
Quote:

Get an email back asking for the FFL dealer on my end. Email them back that info

Sounds like you can't follow simple directions, and they decided that dealing with you wasn't worth the hassel.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When you get that knot out of your panties, note what was in my post
Quote:

(unless you have left somthing out)

. And you did leave somthing out.
No where in your origional post was this mentioned
Quote:

They've had my FFL dealer's "signed in ink" form on file for a while

. Had you included that "fact", I would have been in total agreement with you.
Attack? Nothing in my post sould have been considered inflamatory.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I contacted D&R about purchasing a Remington Model 7 Youth in 7mm-08 that they had on Gunbroker. I was told to send them a money order and they would ship the rifle as soon as they got it. I did as asked, got a USPS money order, shipped it Priority, and they received it two days after I talked to Mark. I was told the rifle would ship on Monday 10/22 and I would be contacted with a tracking number. Monday I didn't hear anything, waited until today, sent an email with the original auction number, my name, etc on it. Get an email back asking for the FFL dealer on my end. Email them back that info. Get another email today saying:

"this gun was closed out and we sold them all

we had to refund your money"

Freakin' nice huh? No apology, no explanation of when I will get my money. Nothing.

-Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add. This is supposed to be a Christmas present for my fiance. Maybe I'll just show her the picture...that should be enough to satisfy her...

one of us
posted Hide Post
They still have one for sale on Gunbroker...

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=26003284

one of us
posted Hide Post
Clark, It makes me sick to hear that, I think I was one that said he had a good experience with them. Sorry if I contributed in any way to the problem.....DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote