Find
Notify
Tools

204 vs 220 Swift
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted
What was the outcome, 200 plus post is more than I care to sift thru. bewildered

Back to the still.

Spelling, I don't need no stinkin spelling

The older I get, the better I was.

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
all you need to know its whats in my first post, if you have doubts just run it in your ballistic software to verify.

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mc:
What was the outcome, 200 plus post is more than I care to sift thru. bewildered

Well I think there was total penatration because there is one hell of a blood trail. hammering mgun bullroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, it looks good on paper all right. Glad we got that all settled. Wink

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I never read the topic. Not one word. The title made me laugh though.

I called my buddy in S.C. and he said that his 223's do fine with 40's and who cares anyway? Beat the Swift? Roll Eyes

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
I don’t want to kick off the argument again here so this is just my experience. Never used a swift so not looking to critisize the 220 but I do have a 22/250 and use a .223.

I had a beautiful custom gun made up in Tac.20 and it gets used over the 22/250 at a ratio of about 4 to1. I tried 4 or 5 loads until I found one that will do 1.5 inches at 350 and left it at that. My first two loads were running at 4400+ so backed off the fuel a bit and now its 4200 with a 32gr.

Zeroed at 200 its pretty much point of aim from 0 to 300 for rabbits and foxes ( I lift it a couple of inches at 300), fox is the biggest thing I hunt.

It beats the hell out of trying to figure the hold on my 22/250 and Ive never had a runner with it.

My brother has a .204 in rem700 and he had a devil of a time trying to find a load that worked acceptably. Must have tried 5 powders and 20 loads and its still running under 4000.

Posts: 7372 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote