THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Browning low wall falling block help

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning low wall falling block help
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am interested in some input on the 1885 low wall falling block Browning in .22 Hornet. I saw this at a local Gander Mountain last weekend in the used rack. The gun is in NIB condition. Does anyone have advise on the quality of this gun?

I have a Ruger 77/22 hornet (blued model) that I would be replacing with the Browning.
Good move? Thanks for the help.

Posts: 241 | Location: Grand Rapids, Mi, usa | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for a used one to build a custom rifle on. Ive herd good things on the Browning and a friend has one and really likes it. How much do they want for the gun?
Which Gander MTN was it at? I have staff mtngs in G.R. once a month.

Posts: 536 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was the Gander Mountain in Grandville. They wanted $750. The gun is in fantastic shape. Looks as good as the new ones on the shelf.

I think that I will get it. Just wondering if I should trade in my 77/hornet for it.

What type of custom were you thinking of building Rich?

Posts: 241 | Location: Grand Rapids, Mi, usa | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Arizona Larry>
posted
Compare prices at gunsamerica.com. $750 for a low wall sounds a little high. Be sure to check out the trigger pull. The new M1885's only have one screw for adjustment. Not like the older B78's. Just my thoughts. Larry

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
There is one on Gun Broker right now for $787. http://www.gunbroker.com./auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=3636587

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote