New
Find
Notify
Tools

barrel length .222
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a rem 788 in 222. A gift from my Dad. He said it was to help teach me trigger control while shooting squirrels with it. It has! It has been a great rifle. I was thinking of going to a 25" or 26" barrel. Do you think that the expense is worth the gains? What do you think that I would gain fps wise with the addition of 3" to 4" of barrel? I was also thinking of a fluted barrel. Any thoughts or real world experience would be appreciated! Gary

Posts: 463 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 67042 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I use H322 and this is showing me that 3" off of the barrel only results in a 100 fps loss. I am guessing that going longer will bring the same 100 fps. I have the stock light barrel. Now I am thinking that a heavier, fluted barrel in the same factory length might be the better way to go. In a way I am glad for the velocity results. The short barrel is very handy rifle. Thanks Saeed! Gary

Posts: 463 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote