THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: Best action for building a nice varmit rifle?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Best action for building a nice varmit rifle?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello tiggertate,

The model 7 action should do the job nicely. Congratulations on your finding one. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like an action to be scaled for the cartridge, so I will alway use a Sako L-461 for a 222, 223, 6x45...

Posts: 41870 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I think I've decided on the Rem M700 in 223. The local Academy has the ADL synthetic stock version for $340 and they're giving away a free aluminum case and sling when you buy any centerfire rifle. Not a bad deal in my opinion....

Now on to customizing. Any recomendations for barrels or stocks?

Thanks,

Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm probably going to chamber it in 223, but am open to other suggestions. I'll probably try and find a used rifle to build on.

Thanks,

Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote