New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is it worth?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend is trying to sell one of his rifles and needs to know about what to ask for the thing. He said he bought it 30 years ago. It is marked Czech Mauser Mark X in .243 Winchester and has a Mark X 4x40 original scope on it. He said the barrel is not a target barrel, but it is quite a bit heavier than a sporter-weight barrel. The barrel is 24 inches long. Walnut stock of course and I do not know about any handling marks or anything like that. He said he has shot it about 200 times since he bought it. He said the blueing is very good, but I cannot pin him down on what very good means, so I will interject about a 95 percent here. Thanks for any help. Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its an old Mark 10, I would offer him $300 for it and go up to maybe $350-$375 at the most, but I would want inspection privi as I also don't know what his description means..The scope is worth zilch IMO...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Ray, I appreciate it very much. Tom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote