THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Loads for 62 gr Nosler Partition in 223 Rem?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loads for 62 gr Nosler Partition in 223 Rem?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have experience with loading the 62 gr Nolser Partition in 223 Rem. Will be shot in a 1 in 9 twist AR.

Thanks!

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Noslers I have say 60 grain, not 62.

The following loads started to show excessive pressure, so start with a little less.

23 grains of H4895
20 grains of Reloader 7

Neither one would shoot less than 2", but since they are for deer out to 150 yards or so, who cares.

Posts: 109 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have yet to use it in an AR but has done quite a bit with the same bullet i 222.

My powder of choice would be Norma 202 or a highly compressed load of 203B. I think Re 12 and 15 are quite similar in performance. The 540 powder from Vithavouri will also do the job pretty good.

In a 24" sporter barrel you can easily reach 3000f/s with it in 223.

Posts: 118 | Location: Norway | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote