THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: A little update on D&R Sports...

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: A little update on D&R Sports...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't know how they can continue to advertise the gun in good faith. I have been looking at their website as I am getting a big bullet and scope order ready. I had considered them, but I will no longer. You should e-mail them one more time and include a link to this thread. As you are using it, the internet is a powerful tool. I'd love to see their side of the story and an explanation as to why they are still advertising it.

Paul

Posts: 105 | Location: Gulfport MS | Registered: 04 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Sounds like you can't follow simple directions, and they decided that dealing with you wasn't worth the hassel.

How is that not attacking me?

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The interesting part is that that auction was started on the 23rd. Almost a full week after they claim to have sold their last one.

As of right now I'm supposed to be getting my money back "sometime next week", but that really does nothing for me. I'm still out the cost (however small) of a money order and Priority shipping, not to mention all the time I've now wasted on this endeavor.

-Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree. They kept telling me how many guns they sell a week like that was some sort of excuse. If they sell that many guns, you'd think their inventory system would be up to par.

Also, to me, a good company (if they do screw up) goes out of their way to make things right. From my experience, D&R is far from a good company.

Since they're snail-mailing a check to me, with the holidays and all, I have no idea when I'll actually see it. Unfortunately I don't have the money to go buy another gun locally until I get my money back from them, so I'm hoping I can still get the gun I want here by Christmas.

one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
The situation stinks and reminds me of an old Myron Cohen joke.
Lady goes to the butcher.
"So Marty, How much are your lambchops?"
"$4.89 a pound"
"So how come Sullivan's the butcher sells them for $3.79 a pound?"
"So who invited you. Go buy em at Sullivan's"
"Sullivan's ain't got any."
"Lady when I ain't got any they're only $3.29 a pound!"

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go talk to the postal inspector. Fill out a report. Send a copy of the report to Gunbroker and D&R. You should have your money back within 24 hours. If D&R gets beefed for wire fraud their ability to conduct business in this internet age becomes somewhat restricted. Don't get mad at them. Don't talk to them anymore. Just talk to the postal inspector. A call to the state attorney general's office for consumer fraud is always good for a laugh at D&R's expense.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

The interesting part is that that auction was started on the 23rd. Almost a full week after they claim to have sold their last one.

I went to their web site after reading your post, and requested a catalog, since I have no knowledge of this outfit. They sent me an e-mail back explaining that their printer had gone bankrupt, or something, and they don't have any more catalogs, just to look at the stuff they have listed online! Or call them!!

As of right now I'm supposed to be getting my money back "sometime next week", but that really does nothing for me. I'm still out the cost (however small) of a money order and Priority shipping, not to mention all the time I've now wasted on this endeavor.

-Dan

<eldeguello>
posted
Clark, it sounds to me like you were the victim of some sort of double-dealing that was done deliberately, or due to extreme incompetence on the part of the dealer!! They advertised an auction with no "buy it now" provision, but when you called them, they agreed to sell you this very gun (of which they may have had more than one, or none at all!!) outside of the auction to which they had obligated themselves. This alone to me is a fraudulent offer! I suppose all of this confusion could have resulted in an outfit that keeps inventory in more than one location, but only if they have a poor/nonexistent inventory tracking system!

Also, the "sold the four guns to a dealer in Japan" sounds damn fishy! Who in Japan is permitted to buy a firearm? The Premier? The Emperor? Probably not four other people!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

This is supposed to be a Christmas present for my fiance. Maybe I'll just show her the picture...that should be enough to satisfy her...

Hey Clark, As a long time "Veteran" of Present Disasters, I'd encourage you to do a Preemptive Strike with your Sweet-E-Pie and "mention" you are having a bit of a problem getting "her Christmas Gift" - on time - as soon as possible.

I'd even toss in "VERY SPECIAL GIFT" if you've already given her a diamond. If not, I'd leave "VERY SPECIAL" out.

This will result in a couple of possibilities. She will be happy to know you are working with great effort to get her a special gift and be very, very, very(add a couple of verys for each day between now and Christmas) and reward you with (shall we call them) "smiles" on your face.

Or, she will be all upset, turn red, rant and rave(ah the memories) and you can go ahead and schedule a fine "solo" Hunting Trip for yourself over the Christmas Holidays.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, Thursday evening and still no check. Anybody think I'll actually get it this week? I know I have my doubts...

one of us
posted Hide Post
As one Clark who is nuts about 98s to another...

I know alot of women who got allot of gun stuff for Christmas, and my guess is 2/3 of them were not happy with it, but went along.

Get the diamond(s) like Hot Core said.

Next time use VISA or Mastercard, where satisfaction is guarenteed.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, trust me, I'm no dummy when it comes to this stuff. She got the diamond back in August. And it cost a lot more than the gun...

-Dan

Oh, still no check...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dec. 6th and still no check. Surprise, surprise...

I called today after checking the mail and was treated with the usual superior "customer service" from D&R. I told them I still hadn't received a check, and was told that it's a lot of work to check to see if a check has been mailed/cashed. They kept implying that someone had stole it from my mailbox. Said it had been mailed on the 19th. I told them that they told me it would be mailed on the 29th, and got a response of "well, with the holiday, that could be right". You'd think they'd try and make things right, or at least shut me up, but ain't happenin'...

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I had nothing but trouble with D&R!

First of all, I have an FFL. I would call them, ask about availability and price. They would quote me a "ballpark" price, and also advise me that the item was "in stock".

I ordered three firearms from them, and paid via credit card. The charges on the credit card were around 12% higher than what I was quoted, plus they added another 8% for using the credit card, and charged around triple the actual shipping cost.

Here comes to good part...it took 4 months for the items to arrive!

No way to treat a dealer...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Checked the mail again today..still no check. 21 days and counting. I called again today, got a hold of a different person this time who was actually apologetic, but still didn't give me any idea of when I'm going to get my money. He did say he was going to call me back tomorrow. We'll see....

one of us
posted Hide Post
That really sucks. I've got 2 shotguns hopefully arriving next Monday from them...Hopefully. I bought 2 guns from them in the past with no problems.

Posts: 83 | Location: Ut | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did DNR publish a 2004 catalog? I did not get one. Perhaps it was a oversight or some other reason.

I have bought a half dozen scopes and other gear from DNR and everything was prompt and perfect. Needless to say the price was very good. I always used credit cards.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's the latest.

The one person at D&R that has been cooperative, called and left a v-mail this morning saying my check had been mailed on December 3rd.

I'm beginning to wonder if a check has actually been mailed. If it has, was it the 19th? The 29th? The 3rd?

I've pretty much left everything in the hands of the USPS at this point and given up on D&R. We'll see how that goes.

I also filed a complaint with the BBB and noticed they had had complaints based on refunds in the past, so it appears that I'm not the only one these guys have jerked around.

one of us
Picture of Montana
posted Hide Post
Mailed out money order with FFL last Tuesday Rec. gun today excellent condition.

Posts: 571 | Location: Central, NC | Registered: 03 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
I know someone who ordered a cheap scope from them but recieved a new leupold target scope instead.took them a few weeks to figure out the error.probably wouldnt have if someone hadnt recieved a cheap bushnell instead of a new leupold.

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that you guys have had good experiences with them, but mine has been a nightmare.

I know where I work, if we have a client that feels slighted, we go out of our way to make things right. I was upset about them selling the gun out from under me, but I would have probably got over it had they got my money back to me promptly. The fact that I'm still waiting on my refund and that Christmas is almost two weeks away is adding to my frustration.