THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Anyone have info on REALLY small calibers? .10 and .12 caliber?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have info on REALLY small calibers? .10 and .12 caliber?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just curious about these rounds. What parent cases have they been made from, and what kind of ballistics do they have? I've heard 4000 fps from the .10 cal, but what bullet weight? What kind of effective range could they have, and on what size game? Not really contemplating one, just wondering :-) Thanks.

<JDD>
posted
there are 10, 12, and 14, the main 2 cases are the 221 and the hornet, some custom cases have been made out of the bee case also

speed in the 4 are easy

<russ>
posted
I can't speak for the 10's and 12's (yet), but I can tell you the 14's are deadly. I sell bullets to a couple of pelt hunters that won't shoot anything under 100-150 yards with anything else but their 14's.

Read the coyote story on my web site at www.cyberport.net/russ/bullets.htm

I shoot a 14/218 bee in a win high wall and have achieved velocitys exceeding 4500 before slowing it down. I wanted to see if the jackets would shuck. (they didn't!)

russ

one of us
posted Hide Post
The best place to get information on the really small stuff is probably Jim Saubier's site. He's got a message board, as well as some good articles. I found this picture of a couple of .10-caliber wildcats there, one based on the 25 ACP, the other on the CCM case:

I've got a few .14-caliber rounds in my cartridge collection:

That's a 14 Long Rifle (this is Bill Eichelberger's cartridge -- I'm not sure how it compares to the 145 Alton Jones), a 14 Flea (32 ACP case), and a 14 Hornet flanked by a 22LR and a .223 for comparison.

Posts: 269 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote