THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: How to carry 22 Hornet bullets?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: How to carry 22 Hornet bullets?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On it's way Mark.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I walk away from the truck while coyote calling I don't need to take 20rds. with me so I have 4 or 5 in the magazine and carry as many as I can put in a Sucrets tin. I put piece of cloth on the top & bottom to keep the shells from ratteling. Haven't tried this with my hornet but I bet it will hold 10-12rds. Pedro

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I'll muddy the water w/ another option. I like to carry the cartridges for many of my Contenders on a "bullet band" on my wrist. Uncle Mike's makes one, but I like my homemade one better. I take an insulated can drink holder (the thin type that fold up easily), cut out the bottom (so it will slip on my wrist), and make small holes in the holder (2 for each round, about 4-6 per holder w/ holes oriented so the round is perpendicular to my wrist). Takes longer to explain than it does to actually do it. You might could do the same thing to make your own butt stock bullet holder, customized to the Hornet's small dimensions. An MTM "wallet carrier" might be a consideration also, but don't know if it'll work well w/ the Hornet. Gary T.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote