New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glass bedding CZ527
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was wondering if anybody had glass bedded a CZ527? I have the American model and believe it would benefit from this.
If anybody has done this could I please see some photos and basic steps on how it is done.
Cheers guys
Tom

Posts: 56 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has to be real close to a large ring Mauser bedding job, and there should not be a problem finding info on that.

Posts: 656 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 06 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
I glass bedded a CZ 22 hornet.I think it was a 527 about 8 or 9 years ago.It was my first attempt at glass bedding.
Although not a particularly aesthetic job it certainly improved accuracy. RWS ammo cloverleafed at 100 yds and it went on to sicken a good few foxs.
I bought a Brownells accraglass kit and basically followed the instructions.Using a drill to rout a few holes off at angles around the recoil lug and rear tang may have added a bit more strength.
I have since done it with my Mauser[marked improvement]and a Sako[some improvement].
Sorry never took any photos.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I"m on my 2nd CZ rifle(550), and I do like them apart from the bad bedding. Buy an acraglass gel kit and do the recoil lug at least. My 308 was hitting the stock in places it should"nt so I relieved it(around the bolt handle and one side of the barrel chanel) and glassed it. It did shoot noticeably better, but in 308 bedding may make more difference than in a .22 centrefire.
good luck and good shooting

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Hey tommo

Here is a post on bedding and one of the posters bedded a CZ.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote