New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pro Hunter Barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know of a business or Gunsmith that sells custom Pro Hunter barrels? I’m looking for a 233 or 22-250 barrel with a 1-8 twist. I'm not having any luck with the big stores or TC.

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
The Pro Hunter barrels are not "custom."

But you can find them at www.midwayusa.com

But they will not be a 1:8.

FOr a true custom, try matchgrademachine.com

They may even have what you are looking for in their existing inventory. If not, they are fairly quick in turnaround; expect a 4-6 week wait.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add: Bergara barrels, available from midwayusa.com, are 1:10, have proven to be very accurate and are priced lower than TX factory barrels.

I have a couple and have worked with 6 others -- and all were sub-MOA right out of the package.

But back to MGM: their barrels are supremely accurate. You will not be disappointed with their workmanship.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
As I understand Encore and Pro hunter barrels interchange. There are any number of custom shops that will build you any barrel you want. Here are a couple of many http://www.bullberry.com/ http://www.matchgrademachine.com/gunshop/product.php?pr...16436&cat=287&page=1

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links. That’s exactly what I was looking for. All the factory TC barrels are 1-12 twist. I’m handloading 75 grn Sciroccos and need the 1-8. Matchgrademachine looks like they will build anything you want.

Thanks again – Ryan Clark

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would also highly recommend On Target Technologies (OTT). Mike uses an EDM process of chamber that leaves the smoothest chambers you've ever seen (no reamers).

Posts: 341 | Location: Janesville,CA, USA | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first choice would be Match Grade Machine. Mike at OTT does exceptional work also but he has a current delivery time of around 11 months.

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
http://coyoteguns.com/ try this guy he does good work

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote