THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Who Makes a Hvy. BBL Rifle in .222

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Makes a Hvy. BBL Rifle in .222
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looked at Ruger and Remington, neither have an offering in .222. Does anyone sell a good .222 factory rifle?

<Ben H>
posted
The only heavy barrel I'm aware of is the SAKO model 75. Maybe other members know of others?

Ben H

one of us
posted Hide Post
doesn't remington offer something along those line in an adl/bdl or something?

------------------
When in doubt, do a nuclear strike.

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brett, why don't you check out a tikka rifle, they have a stainless synthetic in .222 with a medium profile barrel. I began my centerfire shooting with an old tikka in triple deuce and it was one of the most accurate rifles I ever shot. Later on you could add a heavier barrel if you chose. Tikkas are made in the same factory as sako's I think. I may be wrong but cz may also offer a heavy varminter in .222. The other option may be to settle for a Remington VSSF in .223. I have one in 22.250 and to date it's the most accurate rifle I own. If I do my part on a calm day it will 3 shots practically through the same hole at 100 yards with winchester supreme 50 grain ballistic silver tips. This ammo shoots so well I have not bothered to load for the 22.250, and I accept the greater cost of it. If you must have .222 buy a second hand bdl varminter and maybe re-barrel it. Just a couple of options hope it helps.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might also look at the Remington 40-XB-BR which comes in a heavy varmint class 24 inch barrel. That is the only heavy barrel I know of in a Remington. Anchutz makes 222 but they are all sporter weight barrels for it.

Steve

------------------
Every man dies, but not every man really lives!!

Posts: 439 | Location: Kansas by way of Colorado and Montana | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<reload>
posted
Call Remington custom shop! Good Luck

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Brett,

I have seen a lot of manufacturers offering HB in the 222, including Remington in their BDL and 40X models.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
If you want to take a chance on a used .222 then Marlin made some on Sako actions long ago.

For that matter the old M-722 with that 26" bbl I carried all over seemed like a heavy bbl.

Unless it's for bench work I would get a sporter bbl 24" long. That's what I did after I wore the bbl out on the 722.

<Ben H>
posted
Brett:
Anschutz has just come out with a HB .222 in blue or stainless. It's their model 1740. Champion Shooters out of Ohio just listed them on their web-site.

Good luck,

Ben H