THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    LAR OPS-22 AR-15 dedicated 22LR

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LAR OPS-22 AR-15 dedicated 22LR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted
Does anyone have any experience with this one?

http://www.joeboboutfitters.co...-22lr-terminator.htm

I'm thinking this will be fun. It's made by LAR and sold as a complete rifle or just the upper. The OPS-22 side-charging receiver is forged and is dedicated to the 22LR. The stainless bolt/carrier and CM barrel are from CMMG, and LAR modifies the bolt for their side-charging handle.

Any comments?

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
no stated twist--- overly fast twist certainly doesn't hurt, oh you know, world record holders ... however, with no stated twist, the default is 1:16 -- no, thanks.. kept on moving.. no interest

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
It is 1:16 twist rate.

The barrel and bolt/carrier are straight from CMMG. The receiver is forged then milled to fit the CMMG parts. It is not convertable to a std AR-15 bolt carrier. It's a dedicated 22LR upper.

KB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
lar is a major player in the ar market, making things for others to put together. i wouldn't be afraid of anything they make

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
I ordered one. Smiler

I already have an OPS-4 upper side charger, and I like it. It feels like a precision instrument. One day it will be a tack driving 6.5 Grendel. I have every part but the barrel and matching bolt, which are on backorder.

IMO, this side-charging dedicated 22LR OPS-22 solves some issues - for one thing, the forward assist is not an issue with the LAR modified bolt.

I do have some reservations about the quality of the barrel, but I think that can be resolved if need be.

All I ask for is minute-of-squirrel-head at 40 yds. IMO, that's reasonable, and no 22lr is worth having if it can't do that with the ammo it likes. Smiler

KB