THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    What is the Hornady 17 Rimfire Magnum

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the Hornady 17 Rimfire Magnum
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Bill Tompkins>
posted
Mike,

Check out the www.varminthunters.com
board. Starting with the 1st page and going back at least 4 pages there are several discussions going. As you can imagine, the varmint guys are REALLY excited.

Bill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Thanks for that.

I have just sent a link of this thread to a mate of mine in Australia.

My interests are stronger on the Hornady 458 Lott ammo, and perhaps cases etc

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
I have a crapy copy of one press release on my site.

------------------
www.rifleshooter.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
What do you shoot this Hornady .17 rimfire in? I looked at the picture on the Hornady website, and it looked as if it's supposed to be shot in a .22 rimfire rifle. Am I correct on that? Or is there actually now a .17 rimfire rifle in existence?

[This message has been edited by LE270 (edited 11-30-2001).]

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill Tompkins>
posted
According to what I've read both Marlin and Ruger are making or modifying rifles to fire this cartridge.
Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it's based on the 22, that way you wouldn't have to create a whole new line of guns, but instead could rebarrel your old 22 and put some new life into it.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<jim saubier>
posted
Although I am sure that there will be some companies selling conversion kits for current .22 rimfire rifles. There will be rifles released when the ammo is released that will be intended for use with the new cartridge. Ruger and Marlin are on board to release rifles chambered in this cartridge. Hopefully other gunmakers will consider doing so as well. The ballistics of the new round are much better than those of the current available rimfires.

www.saubier.com

<Sparticus>
posted
I was at work the other day and saw a Federal version, that came out a few years ago, it's just a dandy. From the grape vine I have heard Lilja is making barrels that you can put on your Ruger 77/22. Cool... Mark