New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles Daly Suprior Grade?
 Login/Join

<bjk>
posted
Any info on these would be much appreciated. I am thinking of one in 22 Hornet, but haven't heard much tal about them on the boards. Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

<re5513>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by bjk:
Any info on these would be much appreciated. I am thinking of one in 22 Hornet, but haven't heard much tal about them on the boards. Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

Played with one of these at SHOT last month. Charles Daly is now importing the old Interarms Mark X actions, barreled actions, and complete rifles. The hornet in the Superior grade is based on the Mini-Mark X. Fit and finish are fair to good. It'd be a reasonable choice. It is also available in .223 and 7.62x39. Charles Daly also sells a less expensive Hornet based on the .22 RF action.

If it were me.....
For about the same price or a little more you could get a M700 classic in .221 fireball. Basically everything you wish you had in a Hornet and a bit more.

A Ruger M77/22VHZ is probably less than the Charles Daly Superior and is a reasonable Hornet rifle.

If I found the Charles Daly for under $400 then it would start to look interesting.

Good luck.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you get an idea of what the price will be on the Mini-Mausers? I would think around $400-$500 would be competitive, especially against the CZ 527's. Currently these are probably the best rifles out there in .22 Hornet, and can usually be found for $400-$450.

<George Capriola>
posted
If the Ruger 77/22VHZ is a little less expensive than the Charles Daly, it's a no-brainer! Get the CZ!!!
Don't get me wrong, I love my Ruger. That's why I'm keeping it after my new CZ comes in, and rebarreling it in .19 Calhoon.
Regards, George.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Charles Daly web site shows a retail price for the Mini Mark X at $529.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<bjk>
posted
They also have a Superior Grade NOT built on the mini mauser for $359 msrp in .22Hornet (it's under the 22 caliber section)....not sure how much this equates to when at your local gun shop...gonna keep looking and hopefully my local gun shop can get them....

one of us
Picture of Seamus O'Grady
posted Hide Post
I've got a Mark X in .25-06 that I bought at a gun show. At the table where I bought it, a man told me that he had one and the first time he shot it he got a half-inch group! The finish on mine is quite good and the stock is handfilling and fits me well. Also, the action is quite smooth.

Posts: 567 | Location: Washington | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote