THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    25 caliber recommendations needed

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25 caliber recommendations needed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I want to buy a .25 caliber rifle as an all around gun for deer, antelope, varmints and targets. I am looking for something flat shooting and hard hitting. I would like to hear your recommendations on which .25 caliber to buy. I am not restricted to factory cartridges so any wildcat recommendations would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

------------------
Washington, DC -- where they took a perfectly good swamp and made it into a sewer.

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go with the .25/284! Great brass available from Lapua and you'll love reloading for it plus you get a lot of performance. I would personally go for the 6mm/.284 because of the better bullets available (from varmints to big-game) but you won't go wrong with the .25/284.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Paul Dustin>
posted
I would agree with Bill. I would go for the 25/284.I have a 30/284 and I shot graet

one of us
posted Hide Post
.250Savage or 25-06 for accurate flat shooting sweethearts

Posts: 302 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shark Bait:
[B]I want to buy a .25 caliber rifle as an all around gun for deer, antelope, varmints and targets. I am looking for something flat shooting and hard hitting. I would like to hear your recommendations on which .25 caliber to buy

You may want to consider a .257 Roberts Improved,seems to be a well rounded caliber.
I have thought of converting one of my Mausers that is just sitting around to one for my wife to use.
Dennis

Posts: 95 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Jeff in ND>
posted
257DGR.

Take a look at the links.

http://www.duanesguns.com

http://www.angelfire.com/nd/243ackleyimproved

Good Hunting
Jeff in ND

[This message has been edited by Jeff in ND (edited 01-03-2002).]