THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: varmit rifle which cal????

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: varmit rifle which cal????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Carpetman,

Looks like I need to try some different powders I have only used the H4350 and Reloader 7, 18 grains of that produced 1850 fps and fantastic accuracy, this was using the Lyman 91 grainer, air cooled and gas checked. The H4350 was with the gas checked Lyman again only heat treated this time and the accuracy was not as good.
I was of a mind to press on with the reloader 7 and see what I could wring out of that. I think I will go down that road before I set off with another powder otherwise I will get all distracted with one before I complete the job on the original, I know me!

John

Posts: 275 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JayB--Just heard from another guy that cant say enough good about 12.0 grains of 2400 in his cast .243---95 grainers. Didnt say what velocity but he won a cast bullet bench rest match.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote