THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Brno Zkk 601 in 243 Winchester

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno Zkk 601 in 243 Winchester
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted
Hi, I there is a change. There is a man of a Spanish forum you are interested in changing a Brno rifle Zkk 601 of the 243 Winchester for my Astra from 44 Magnum revolver. I do not make use of the gun, I want your opinion on the other hand, also on the set-gun cartridge. The rifle features a Bushnell Banner 4x40 what do you think?, is a good change?, rifle owner tells me you have done 100-150 shots.

Regards,

Oscar.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it is a ZKK 601 then it will be at least twenty years of age! So the gun is old.

Is it true that it has only fired 100-150 shots in that time? It is possible but unless the man has owned it from new how does he know this?

I owned one. It is of of very good quality and it was accurate. Maybe 3cms group at 100 metres.

Also it is a true short length action (that is good) and the magazine holds five cartridges (that is also good).

The rifle was grooved for special one piece 'scope mount. To take a East German Zeiss-Jena. If you do not have this a bad thing as it is difficult to get proper mounts of modern make for this rifle.

Is it worth more than the Astra? Here in England these ZKK rifles are about the equivalent of no more than 300 Euros.

The Bushnell Banner 'scope is a cheap 'scope. It is worth at most 50 Euros. I would not use one.

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
My other option is to sell the gun (for 300 euros I thought) and a little more money to buy a Remington Spartan 270 Winchester caliber, what do you think?.

Regards,

Oscar.

I am Spanish

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is it true that it has only fired 100-150 shots in that time? It is possible but unless the man has owned it from new how does he know this?

Incidentally, the rifle has had two other owners than the current.

Oscar.

I am Spanish

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The older Brno ZKK series were good rifles, not as fine as the even older ZG and 21/22 series, but, sound rifles with good barrels and OK stocks. The actions of the 601s, the older series with the little peep sight are in demand here in North America, to build "Scout Rifles" on and mounts are easy to get, made by Talley and Leupold, among others, I have many Brnos and lots of mount rings.

I would buy it, rebarrel to 7-08 and put a nice light synthetic stock on it and that would be one fine deer rifle.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
In the end, I keep my revolver. The rifle has passed through three hands and
Astra 44 Magnum revolver in Spain is difficult to achieve (in my case took time).

Oscar.

I am Spanish