THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Who's played with the .219 Zipper?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's played with the .219 Zipper?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
New toy I got a month ago: MArlin 336SC in .219 Zipper. light on the shoulder but not the wallet...then again nothing i shoot is light on the wallet.

anyhow, experiences, loads, etc. post em here.

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Curtis;

Not much to share, but I envy your purchase.
I look forward with great anticipation for the responses you get.

I have often thought ( more like dreamed) of making a Ruger # 1 in 219 Zipper or Wasp in a heavy barrel version for Varmninting and Target shooting.

Good luck with the rifle.!!

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, a few range sessions showed me it was accurate enough at 100yds with an old steel tube weaver K8. On paper it's biggest misfortune was shooting too far off to the left.

I got dies and over 100 rounds of ammo with the gun, of which only 20 were factory (and those were comparitively hotter than the hand loads.)

anyhow, that's all i got. here's to hoping i'm not the only one this side of 1939 to have any experience with it [Eek!]

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote