New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin .22 wmr to .17?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know if Marlin is making a .17 drop in barrel for replacing .22wmr?

"The chase is among the best of all national pastimes"

-Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A year ago or more, I shipped a 22 Mag Marlin back to them, that shot about as crappy as one could get.

I knew a handicapped lady who wanted a 17 HMR so bad, yet did not have the money for one. So I took the synthetic stock off of it, and mailed it back to Marlin, and told them I would like to have the barrel replaced with a 17 HMR instead. I also told them that I had bought a 17 HMR already, and this rifle was to be given to the handicapped lady I knew. I also told Marlin to let me know what the additional charge would be.
I also sent them a couple of targets to show how bad it was shooting.

30 days later I got the gun back, with a Stainless 17 HMR barrel on it, and a trigger job done and they even put a brand new grey laminate stock on it. It came complete with a target showing they had tested the accuracy of the barrel before it left the factory. Needless to say it was a tack driver.

I called and got the tech who had signed the target and asked how much did I own them since the bill had not accompanied the rifle. I was told " NO CHARGE"!

How much better can customer service get. The tech told me that the dept was impressed that I was donating it to a handicapped person on a tight budget. So they put the rest together and told me to tell her, that it was their gift to her and hope she enjoyed shooting it for many years.

I presented to my friend who was just floored, and in tears with appreciation. I told her, that I was giving her the receiver of a bad rifle. She could thank Marlin for their generosity on the barrel and the stock.

They sure impressed me!

Cheers
seafire

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote