New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on D&R Sports?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm about to buy a rifle from these guys and wanted to see if anybody had any good or bad dealings with them.

Thanks,

Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check gunbroker and a few other auction sites. There you can find several hundred opinions from the ones who has actually done business with them.

Posts: 118 | Location: Norway | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir. That's what I needed to know.

-Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your welcome. I'm not sure which location you will be calling but if you call the Nanticoke location you can say hello to Mark, Sammy and Paula from me.

Their pesky Norwegian Customer

Posts: 118 | Location: Norway | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought some Opti-lock Scopemounts from them. Friendly prompt service. I will buy from them again. No complaints.........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Dan:

I live about a mile from their one store. They have another about 25 miles away from which their wholesale and internet business is done. They're for real. They are know locally as having one of the best prices on most firearms and related items and their service after the sale is fine. They've been in business for a long while.

knobmtn

Posts: 221 | Location: central Pa. | Registered: 29 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for all the info guys. I sent them a M.O. today for a Remington Model 7 Youth in 7mm-08.

-Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Was considering buying something from them once, but they didn't have a catalog to send me, didn't know when they would have anymore catalogs, and didn't seem particularly troubled by it. Consequently, I've never ordered from them...
Gary T.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have bought scopes and mounts from them. Never had any reason to complain - in particular they are nice, friendly and helpful when you call. Delivery has been expedient, except when they did not have the Sako Optiloks I ordered. Eventually, I had to cancel that order, they took that in stride. I'll deal with them again in the future, no prob.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A few months ago I tried to order two Leupold riflescopes from them. I spoke to Mark Komoroski personally on the phone, and ordered the scopes. He politely took my order, and I assumed the scopes were on the way.

A couple of weeks later the scopes hadn't arrived, and my credit card hadn't been charged. So I called and spoke to Mark. Both scopes were out of stock, and Mark wasn't sure if he could get any more. In his words, he had a line on a few scopes that he could make a buck on. He told me that he'd let me know within a few days whether he could provide the scopes or not.

I told him that if he had been honest with me up front about the items not being in stock, fair enough I'd have given him a few more days. I didn't feel like waiting to see "if" he could get the scopes or not. As he wasn't up front with me, I cancelled the order.

If you need the item in a hurry, just be very sure to pin them down on whether the item is actually in stock, and available for shipment.

Posts: 235 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 08 November 2000Reply With Quote