New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt Light Rifle
 Login/Join

<dr280>
posted
A buddy has just purchased a Colt Light Rifle in 30-06. We have spent 20 minutes looking for articles, reviews, etc. and have found 1 magazine test. Does anyone have a Light rifle? Does anyone have any reviews or opinions- or know where I can find info on this rifle for him? Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Colt bought out Mel forbes Ultra-light rifles and hired Mel to run a semi-custom operation building the rifles at two levels of production (standard and semi-custom). Then Colt got into trouble with all the city lawsuits that were going on and bailed. Now they basically sell m16 clones (for lack of a better word) and 1911 clones. the Ultra light rifles however were a very nice light weight rifle. Now I got that from the multiple articles on the guns. The only one I ever personally handled seemed well put together and certainly was light. I ordered one of Mel's Rem safety conversions for a rifle I had (a 600) and neither I nor my 'smith at the time could make it fit. I think it was perhaps for another rifle. FWIW - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the 30-06, make sure the recall has been done. I believe it was the trigger assembly. (It bears no resemblance to the ULA trigger)

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote