THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Exciting Year For Small Caliber Shooters!!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Exciting Year For Small Caliber Shooters!!
 Login/Join

<Todd A Kindler>
posted
Happy New year to small caliber shooters! It's been a while since I have had time to post a new message. I have been very busy on the spring issue of Small Caliber News and I'm putting together a brand new twenty caliber reloading manual due out in mid March if all goes as planned. Saeed tells me of all the neat things on the forum and I know he is always busy testing as well. Many people tell me how much they enjoy and learn from the accurate reloading site .
I have tested the 17 Hornady Rimfire Magnum in the new Ruger and Marlin rifles. I told the Ruger design engineer a year and a half ago it would be a "Big Hit" hoping it would fly. I told him the other day I was wrong it's going to be immense! Many shooters are going to experience the sensational seventeens for the first time . And what fun they are going to have!

Todd Kindler_Editor Small Caliber News

one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd...who in your opinion makes the best barrel in .17? I want to put together a .17 Mack 1V for coyotes etc and owuld also like some direction toward a suitable gunsmith...I live in California but can deal with anyone you might suggest. Thanks.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Todd A Kindler>
posted
D B Bill,
I recommend Douglas and Shilen barrels. Hope this helps.

Todd Kindler-Editor Small Caliber News www.smallcaliber.com

one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
Hi Todd,

Have always been interested in calibers
25 & less, so imagine my excitement when
I stumbled across your web sites a few
months ago!

Your on-line article on the Tactical 20
was so awesome that I am now taking the
Small Caliber News and have a stainless
Shilen barrel going together at VVCG for
my Encore which should be completed in
February.

PROBLEM: I get home from work about 10
minutes after you close. I need to order
the dies for the Tactical 20 and would like
to try the new bullet lube you are
experimenting with. Have attempted to send
messages through your web site but there
apparently is a problem since I get no
response. Is there any other way to get in
contact with you to make an order?

Thanks,
Dan Golding

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Todd A Kindler>
posted
You can reach us at (330) 897-0614 9 a.m.-5 p.m. eastern time.
Todd Kidler-Editor Small Caliber News www.smallcaliber.com or www.woodchuckden.com

<MikeW>
posted
So will there be .20 PPC load info. in this new manual? And how is yours shooting?
Thx.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Todd my friend,

Glad to see you with us again!

Walter is complaining that he has lost all his friends. They apparently do not want to talk to him again after he brings them here to shoot the 577!

Walter sends his best regards, despite what you said about him helping with that damaged crown experiment!

He calls you his nice friend!

May be you could tell me your secret of becoming his friend!

He tried to hammer a rock into the barrel, and the rock shattered and cut his fingers. It was very funny, but as usual, he blamed me for all his accidents.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Predator Master>
posted
Todd has anyone necked down anything other than your creation...... say a .20-250????

one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd A Kindler:
You can reach us at (330) 897-0614 9 a.m.-5 p.m. eastern time.
Todd Kidler-Editor Small Caliber News www.smallcaliber.com or www.woodchuckden.com

Todd,
Like I said in the last paragraph, I get
home from work at 5:10 your time, after you
are closed. Oh well, I guess it is possible
to order them directly from Redding.
Thanks anyway,
Dan Golding

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Todd A Kindler>
posted
Hi Mike,
Yes we will have the 20 PPC in the new Twenty Caliber Manual. It will also include the 20 Squirrel, 20 VarTarg, 20 VarTarg Turbo, 20 TNT , the Tactical Twenty and the 20 BR . And mention of two new cartridges in the works. I'm excited about the terrific twenties and this new manual. Stay tuned!

<Todd A Kindler>
posted
Predator Master,
Without saying to much ..... its in the works but don't rush and build one yet, as we may have some important information to share soon if all works out.

Todd Kindler- Editor Small Caliber News www.smallcaliber.com

<Todd A Kindler>
posted
Saeed,
My friendship with Walter (The Great Gunsmith) came one dark night in Zimbabwe when that real Baboon hand came floating towards brother Dwight and I while we were sitting by the campfire. Dwight fell over and I started to jump over the edge when Walter saved us. I still wonder if you were behind that one? That one still gives me nightmares... then there are all those plastic ants I keep finding... bugs I never saw so many bugs.... but I made it! Take care!