Tools

10-22
 Login/Join

<qt2005>
posted
ruger 10-22, good rifle or not?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 10-22 is a good reliable 22 but to make it really perform it needs some basic modifications the stock trigger is as bad as it gets that can be improved with a drop in sear from Cabelas or any number of other suppliers.From here the only limit to additional modifications is how deep your pockets are .Stocks,barrels,sights,hammer,bolt,etc.I have a 10-22 sporter and I like it but if I really wanted a really accurate shooting 22 I would buy a low end Anschutz as opposed to putting a lot of money in a Ruger.

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qt2005:
ruger 10-22, good rifle or not?

YES the 10/22 is a good rifle...some would say great!!!!!! I still have my first one bought new in 1971 with lawn mowing money and it still shoots well and has NEVER needed anything but cleaning and I still have the two magizines that I bought also and they still fuction fine...I also have a completely custom every thing but the reciever replaced 10/22 and it shoots very well and is fun to use.....I have had and have many 22's of higher cost...Dakota's,Rem 40x sporter,Kimbers,Coopers,Anschutz,Rem 37,Win 52.'s and Ruger bolt guns and they are all fun but the 10/22 is special and fun to carry and shoot and hard to beat for the money.....check www.rimfirecentral.com/not linked for MUCH about 10/22...good luck and good shooting!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote