Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 Rem. Mag
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of eric 98
posted
Does anyone have any brass for this cal. or know where to get it ?

Posts: 287 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, aside from the occasional batch I come across at gunshows and whatnot, you can also form them from 350 Rem mag brass, or any other standard mag brass for that matter. Take the resizing ball out of the re-sizing die and run the brass up in side it. Trim and repeat. When you get the brass down to close to original length, measure the neck. You'll probably have to ream it, maybe both inside and outside, depending what brass you started with. Put the re-sizing ball back in the die, and run the brass through again. You should be able to just prep as normal from that point. Hope this helps. Oh, and I believe that RCBS sells reforming dies especially for this job, as well. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eric 98, I have this rifle in the Rem 660 and my son has one in Rem 700. About five or six years ago I came across an outfit closing out aome ammo and bought 20 boxes.--400 rounds. It's Rem with the 120 gr Corlock. I'll be back in the states in June and see what I have left and how much brass I have and post here if I have extra.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to have a 6.5 Reminton in a Ruger 77. All I did was run .264 Win brass through the full length 6.5 die. As suggested earlier, I probably did so the first time without the decapper/expander in place. Neck diameters of chambers will vary, but I did not have to ream or otherwise thin the necks for my gun. This was virgin brass; fired brass might need a judicious annealling prior to resizing.

Come to think of it, I think I've still got a box or two of loaded ammunition stuffed away somewhere. Drop me a line if you're interested in it.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of eric 98
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the very kind replies/offers. I will forward this to the person who asked me to help him find some brass. Bob and stonecreek, e-mail me with details and I'll forward them and get back to you promptly.

Posts: 287 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote