THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Browning SA22, Belgian W case

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning SA22, Belgian W case
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted
Hey Gang,

I have a 63, (3T serial#) Belgium, Browning SA22 in the original Hartmann case. It is a grade 1 gun, very good condition. Been in the safe for close to 30 years.

I'm considering selling it. The values I've seen doing my research are absolutely all over the place. From 900.00 all the way up to 2350.00 in the Hartmann case.

I'm just looking for some help in assigning the correct value to it. Any help is appreciated.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3375 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adding these two pictures. From looking at values, the case seems to be a big deal. These two pictures (white inlay and the "Hartmann" on the latch) are what add the value to the case, plus condition.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3375 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Add placed in Classifieds.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve- I have the same rifle and case but mine has the scoped receiver at the top of the Hartman case and the barreled forend at the bottom near the Hartman clasps. My father bought it in the 60's and it was the only rifle he ever owned. I will never part with it.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool you have his rifle.
I hope you shoot it occasionally.
Larry

Posts: 372 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are sweet little rifles. I sold mine to another AR member a few years. I don't really regret selling it as I still have my Marlin Golden 39 + my Winchester model 63 that I bought from Ray, + those get most of my use. That one from Ray is a 1947 vintage if I recall + I bought that Marlin new for $120.00; kinda dates it.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChiefR53:
Cool you have his rifle.
I hope you shoot it occasionally.
Larry

My dad had a gun safe, and a half full of stuff. I've been getting rid of the stuff I don't shoot. I have probably 10-12 other .22's I shoot on the regular.

I'm 63, my son is disabled and can't own guns. So reducing my collection size, as I age seems prudent.

I sold it for 1400.00. I think thats about all the money for it.

Formerly "Nganga"