THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    where can i get a 223rem to 22lr adapter?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where can i get a 223rem to 22lr adapter?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
?? thanks

Posts: 1362 | Location: Madison ,NH, usa | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/vertical-item.jhtml?id=0003673221878a&navAction=push&navCount=1&indexId=&podId=0003673&catalogCode=IC&parentId=&parentType=

Search Cabela's Item # IC 221878 if the link doesn't work.

I think that the "Contender" adapter uses the "rimfire" position for the firing pin, while the regular adapter would have to "move" the firing pin position using some type of plug behind the 22.

If this is for AR-15, take a look at the Ceiner convertions www.22lrconversions.com .

Never tried any of them, but hope this helps!

Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
<reloaderman>
posted
I found one in an ad in Handloader, can't remember the name. It was a one shot deal, the adapter looked like a .223 round that you inserted a 22LR into the front and then put this little insert in the rear which contained a firing pin extention set at an angle to hit thr rim. Too much trouble to mess with, but a handy item for a single shot rifle. When I get home I'll look for it and get back to you.

------------------
No matter where you go.........there you are!

<HHI 812>
posted
Buddy here locally makes them! I think he even supplies Cabelas with these conversions. Ace Dube is his name, and I think the name of his company is MCA.

<Don Martin29>
posted
I made one when I was a kid. My dad had a tool and die shop so I had the equipment.

I turned a .222 case out of brass but left a hole inside for a insert made from brass attached to steel. The steel had a firing pin of course and the brass was to protect the firing pin. The .22LR was loaded from the rear.

It fired fine but the bullets hit so low that I lost interest in it fast. I still have it.

I would not bother with it. It would be far easier to get some cast .224" bullets and handload them.

<Don Martin29>
posted
Marbles made them to shoot .32 ACP in a 30/06 etc. I have a bunch of them. Once you fire one shot you will have had enough.

<reloaderman>
posted
Finally got home!

Alex,Inc.
P.O. Box3034, Dept R
Bozeman,MT 59772

http://www.mcn.net/~alex
( this url doesn't seem to work???)
shoot 22RF in .223 REM $18.00 PP

Enjoy.....$18.00 worth of fun for an afternoon!

------------------
No matter where you go.........there you are!

[This message has been edited by reloaderman (edited 03-17-2002).]

[This message has been edited by reloaderman (edited 03-17-2002).]

<Southpaw>
posted
www.eabco.com has the adapters for $19.00 plus S&H Item #217-22/223