THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Kimber 84M Hunter Pro Desolve Blak

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber 84M Hunter Pro Desolve Blak
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted
Morning all

Just wanted to share. All of my bolt guns are Remington 700's with Jewell triggers. Less than a month ago I decided to burn my Cabela's points and purchased this Kimber in 6.5 Creedmoor. Weight 5# 7.2 oz. bare gun. With Talley alloy mounts and Leopold VX Freedom 4-12x40 the package weighs 6# 6.4 oz.. Factory trigger set at 3.5# with no creep. Bought a box of ammo, sighted it in (1" group) and killed a couple deer and a turkey with it. Easily adjusted the trigger to 2.0#. I was thrilled so much that yesterday I purchased the same rifle in .308. Weight 5# 4oz. bare gun. Topped with Talley mounts and Minox ZA5 2-10x40. Adjusted trigger to 2.0#. Package weighs 6# 5.4 oz.

https://www.rifleshootermag.co...ve-blak-rifle/458640

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fabulous. That’s a great combo.

I like the Pro Desolve stock much better than the standard Hunter stock on my 6.5CM. I tried to buy a stock from someone in the US to change mine but wouldn’t post to Aus. Unfortunately Kimber aren’t sending anything to importers in Australia at the moment.

I guess you could make it lighter if you wanted by removing the sound deadening in the butt. Don’t know what effect that would have on balance though.

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Kolo thats not a Hunter Big Grin

Have a 270WSM looks identical though.

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktail53
posted Hide Post
Doubledon,

I have exactly the same rifle in .308. I topped it with a fairly big scope, a SWFA 3x9 MQ. The total package weight is 7 1/4#. I shot it just yesterday and it's a keeper.

I own 3 of the Kimber hunters now. My favorite is my 6.5CM and the other is a 7-08. Both are scoped identical to the 308.

They're a great package. Light enough to pack all day and plenty of power and range for just about any situation.

Elk, it's what's for dinner..

Posts: 267 | Location: So. Oregon | Registered: 11 June 2004Reply With Quote