Anybody out there who has ever used a 22 Jet
in a rifle ? My father has a 18" barrel and
his original Remington boxes are getting used
up now . I need a starting point preferably
with "modern " bullets (heavier ??) and
powders , thanks J�rgen

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been loaing a Jet single shot for a friend. I found this bore is 2238 so 224 bullets are perfect- but what your bore measures could be different. Just I find a bullet which fully engages the barrel walls seems to foul less.

The data I have shows 14.8 grains of water capacity for a 218 Bee vs 16.9 for the Jet. So I tried out 218 Bee data from Nosler manual #3- which shows 16 grs of Alliant 7 making 105% load density. This load does fill the Rem Jet brass too- and shoots decent too at around 2700 in 22" of barrel. So- the data for capacity I have must be incorrect, or the brass in heavier- whatever. I think using the 218 data for a starting load will work- slightly faster powders might shoot better too- 2400, IMR 4227, H4198- in that range. Just access Nosler data.

We used 45 gr Hornet bullets 224 dia. More fragile for varmints- anything heavier just slices the velocity down. The caliber is about a 200 yd gun at max, so anything heavier has no advantage.

If you've no Nosler manual- post back and I'll include it.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
<J�rgen>
posted
Aladin , thanks for your input , a starting point
was all I needed , you gave me a perfect basis to work on !I�ll give it a try during the winter holidays , thanks .

one of us
posted Hide Post
J�rgen: Let me know how you come out. I'm going to try some different loads too around the holidays. Enjoy.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote