THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: A little update on D&R Sports...

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: A little update on D&R Sports...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
clark98ut,
I am not disputing any thing you have said about DNRsports.
I have never bought a firearm from them. That said,

I have bought a lot of relaoding componets, 4 scopes, & a lot of misc. items from DNR SPorts over the last 10 yrs. I have always had excellent service. Any time I ever talked to Mike, he always seemed to be very customer service orniated.

I hope this situation is resolved fairly, as I intended to place another order for componets in the near future. Good luck.

Posts: 182 | Location: Va. | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have only ever dealt with 2 companies in America Graffs and D&R sports I ordered a simmons whitetail expedition on close out from them a few months ago they went to great lengths to find a scope for me and send it to Australia I have no problems with them I am sorry if you got burned but there service makes some stores in Australia look very ordinary I will be dealing with them again

Posts: 249 | Location: Australia | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really don't know what else to say.

I contacted D&R on the 15th of this month about a gun they had on Gunbroker. It was scheduled to end around the 23rd or so and I didn't want to wait that long. I emailed them stating this and wanted to know if there was any way to end the auction sooner since there was no "Buy it Now" option.

I talked to Mark and was told not to bid, and to just send a check for $420 to cover the cost of the gun and the shipping.

That same day I went down to the Post Office, bought a money order and shipped it Priority. I emailed them again to let them know the money was on its way.

It was delivered there at 8:03am on the 17th. On the 18th I got an email from them asking me to call them. I did, there was some confusion on who my FFL dealer was, that was straightened out at that time, and I was told that they didn't have any of that particular gun in the store that Mark works at, but that they did at their other store. I was also told that my gun should ship on the following Monday and I would receive confirmation of the tracking number, etc.

Monday came, I didn't hear anything. I assumed that there was a minor holdup because of the holiday so I cut them some slack. When Friday rolled around, I emailed them asking for an update. I was then informed that they had sold them and were refunding my money.

Saturday morning around 9am Central I called to straighten things out over the phone. I was told that they had sold all 4 of the remaining guns, in the model I was wanting, to a dealer in Japan on the 17th.

I was upset about the situation, but was willing to give them a chance to make things right. I told Mark that I would accept a gun in .260 or .308 instead if they had it and he said he would see what he could do. 5pm or so on Saturday I still hadn't heard anything from them so I called to see what the story was.

I was told that he couldn't really find anything on a Saturday and that I'd get my money back "sometime next week". At that point I decided not to pursue it any further and just wanted my money back.

Maybe you guys have had good experiences with them, but this has definitely left a very sour taste in my mouth and they WILL NOT ever get any of my money again. I have since found a brand new takeoff wood stock from someone on this board and am buying it from him and as soon as I get my money back, I'm going to Sportsmans Warehouse to pick up a synthetic-stocked model of the same gun. It will end up costing me $100 or so more in the longrun, but it will be worth it not to have to deal with D&R. And if anyone else doubts me, I will be happy to provide a list of references of people I have dealt with over the years and every email that has been traded between D&R and myself.

-Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They've had my FFL dealer's "signed in ink" form on file for a while. I had Skot Ingram of Skotz Ordnance send them this for a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 6.5x55SE.

Might want to get your facts straight before you attack me buddy.

An update. I just got off the phone with Mark and I'm still upset about not hearing anything and the gun being sold out, but he appears to be trying to make things right. We'll see and I'll definitely update either way.

-Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have sent them two emails with out any reply.
I guess one could blame an email filter if an excuse was needed

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote