New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem. Model 7615
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not a happy ending I fear for the Rem. 7615. Thought the balance/handling of the little pump carbine were excellent, smooth slide action, decent trigger, etc., but the jam/s or fail to accept magazines were more than I wanted to handle. Noted inside near rear of receiver quite a bit of grinding had taken place and metal still in the white. Some mags would lock in solid and feed fine for a few rounds and other would not lock into place at all. I worked the action briskly, firmly at all times and then did try it slowly with the same failure rate for feeding. Not sure how it would shoot for I merely took back to my dealer, good folks, and asked and rec'd a refund. Hope others continue to have good luck with their 7615 for the concept is a good one.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Scary stuff as that rifle is basically marketed to Law Enforcement. I'd have hoped that reliabillity was as good as an 870.

Hope that was a lemon and not an example of things to come from Remington. shocker

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Mine is 100% reliable. You do have to seat the magazines firmly but when seated they are there to stay. Replaced the rear sight with a Williams peep and am very satisfied.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i had one for t&e for about six weeks. it was filthy when i got it so i know it wasn't a hand picked gun fresh from the factory. this one had no problems with reliability at all. the accuracy was fine and it accepted all of the ar15 magazines i could find to try in it.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote