THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    New Toy Stevens 200 in 7mm-08.....

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Toy Stevens 200 in 7mm-08.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Bought me a ney toy a Stevens 200 in 7mm-08 I wanted to try out the lower end bolt action rifle and liked what I have herd about thes guns so I toped it out with Weaver 2 pice bases and a Burris Singniter Z-Rings and a Sightron 3-9X40 Mill-Dot Scope.. going out to the range tomarrow to try it out..If it ant to cold LOL

Dose any one ealse on here have a Stevens 200?? if so how is it shooting ??

one of us
posted Hide Post
Never even seen the rifle but I sure like the round. Are you shooting reloads or factory ammo? Good luck!

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Good choice in a budget rifle...

you may or may not like the trigger, but beyond that, you should enjoy its accuracy! and utility...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Dose any one ealse on here have a Stevens 200?? Yes I have 4if so how is it shooting ??Once you rework the trigger they are OK. They make a good walk around hunting rifleQUOTE]

They do require more cleaning than I like. popcornroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well now I feel odd I just relized I posted this about a 7mm-08 in a small bore area..Now i fell like a horeses butt

I took it out tho the range today we had 20-30 MPH winds and 8+"s of snow but hey it was not to windy where i was shooting but i figerd if I am going to hunt in stuff like that might as well shoot in it

I was shooting Winchester Supreme FailSafe HPs 140gr. 2 shots is all it took to get it sighted in at 50 yards then went out to 100 yards and took 3 shots, went to check the target 3 shot group 1.00" not bad for a $290 gun that has about a 7 pound triger pull my worst group was 1.5", I took it home after shooting about a hour and cleand it up then I took a look at the triger and adjusted it a bit well it is still stif but is now down to about 3.5-4lbs I am planing on going back out tomarrow and see if i can do better on the groups..

I want to load some 120gr V-Max for Yots

And try and make up some 140gr or 120gr Barns X Tripple shocks for White tails

Defintly have to make up some reloads and see what it realy can do......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 01 December 2007 08:01
Bought me a ney toy a Stevens 200 in 7mm-08 I wanted to try out the lower end bolt action rifle and liked what I have herd about thes guns so I toped it out with Weaver 2 pice bases and a Burris Singniter Z-Rings and a Sightron 3-9X40 Mill-Dot Scope.. going out to the range tomarrow to try it out..If it ant to cold LOL

Dose any one ealse on here have a Stevens 200?? if so how is it shooting ??

I have a 200 in a .223. Laser straight. Trigger is adjustable to about 3 pounds by the consumer. You will enjoy it.
TONY

Posts: 77 | Location: Sparks, Nevada | Registered: 09 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Below is a good 120 gr load I use with my rem 7/08,may work great in your savage.I use either the hornady,HP or sp and the 120 BT.
This is 1 1/2 gr over book so work up to it if you try it.
Dropped a 10 point at 100 yards and a doe at 140 yds this season,both went straight down was trying the HP.

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote