New
Find
Notify
Tools

222 remington magnum
 Login/Join

<pinball>
posted
I just inherited my dad's 222 rem magnum and understand the ammo is no longer made. Where can I get casings?.. I can reload myself. I've been away the the gun scene for years. Hope someone can help. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Far as I know Remington still produces 222 brass and ammo, so does Winchester (but I suggest you reload anyways). Norma and lapua both produce quality brass.
So you can probably find them from all the popular shooting suppliers. Dies are also cheap and made by pretty much everyone. You shouldn't have any problems getting any of the components or finding good load data.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<pinball>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by DanD:
Far as I know Remington still produces 222 brass and ammo, so does Winchester (but I suggest you reload anyways). Norma and lapua both produce quality brass.
So you can probably find them from all the popular shooting suppliers. Dies are also cheap and made by pretty much everyone. You shouldn't have any problems getting any of the components or finding good load data.

<pinball>
posted
Thanks, but I know they still make 222, but not 222 magnum, but I think I may have found a source.

<Gary Rihn>
posted
pinball-

Check with Midway www.midwayusa.com they usually have brass, and even had it on sale recently.

<LReynolds>
posted
Try www.blue-star-inc.com. I have done business with these people and recommend them.....LR

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pinball:
I just inherited my dad's 222 rem magnum and understand the ammo is no longer made. Where can I get casings?.. I can reload myself. I've been away the the gun scene for years. Hope someone can help. Thanks

Check with the sites the other post name...Remington still had some stock a while back and offers cases that are good....get some good 50-55grain bullets and small rifle primers..Rem 7 1/2,Fed and IMR 4198 or H335 and if it won't shoot with these it will be the first of several 222mags that I have had that won't....good luck and good shooting...check back if you have any problems.......!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, sorry about that, the word magnum slipped my mind. I am a bit slow sometimes, sorry.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<pinball>
posted
Thanks to all of you I now found several places that can supply what I need. You people have been great!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try www.cpcartridge.com
Bulldog...

Posts: 141 | Location: Ruston, Louisiana | Registered: 09 September 2001Reply With Quote
<Matt77>
posted
old western scrounger sells loaded ammo for the 222 rem mag.
http://www.ows-ammunition.com/cgi-bin/catalog25/index
222 rem mag ammo was discontinued a year or two ago. Remington still makes brass for it.

[This message has been edited by Matt77 (edited 12-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Matt77 (edited 12-12-2001).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
SAKO still make 222 rem mag ammunition.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote