New .223
 Login/Join

posted
So after weeks of looking its a toss up between

or this

What would you choose?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
everything being equal, definately the upper one.
because i think its prettier.

Posts: 930 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the upper Good Luck

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornIf ability toshoot doesn't enter into your decision, than I'd take the lower one. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bottom one. The top one you are sooner or later going to have problems with the stock. The swivel stud is into the forend cap. In time it will create problems if you use the sling very much.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bottom one. White line spacers and angled forend tips just don't do it for me. At least not since the 50s.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bottom one would be easier to shoot with its stock.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Front sling swivel notwithstanding, I would pick the top one. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
both nice rifles for sure, but I would take the top one myself.
I like the little longer barrel for balance and velocity, and I think it just looks classier.
The bottom one though is no slouch, and the scope is not a problem to move forward obviously.
Curious but what makes are they?

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bucko, top rifle is a Brno 601 and the bottom is a Jongmans custom, I'm slowly putting together a stable of Brnos but decided I would never have another chance to buy a Jongmans particually in a small action, this one has a fast twist match barrel, action trued and bedded and barrel floated.
I'll post some pics when it arrives as the design is quite different to the norm.
It was $670 USD but the scope retails for that anyway so I'm happy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The wood on the bottom one is awesome...
However, I do LOVE Brno's... Big Grin
Pick two others that are easier for me to make a selection.. jumping

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe I would Opt for the Jongman myself .

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
The wood in the bottom rifle is beautiful. But, I'd pick the rifle based on feel. Which one is the easiest to shoulder and get on target. Which one feels best when held on target for a longer time. However, as first mentioned, if appearance is the deciding factor here, I'd take the bottom one, but both guns look great. Good luck and enjoy!

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornDo both have a tange safety or just the one on the bottom? beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take both. No need to compromise. Big Grin

Posts: 15890 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do both have a tange safety or just the one on the bottom? roger

The Brno has the normal 601 safety ie: the rotational style worked by the right thumb, the Jongmans? I have no idea.

quote:
wymple
one of us
Posted 26 January 2009 09:45 Hide Post

Take both. No need to compromise.

Funny you should mention that Smiler I need a 6x45 and either of these could be used as the donour Big Grin