Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 411 Taylor
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thanks guys,
Didn't mean to offend anyone with the Taylor label, that was just a descriptor, could have used 411/338 as well. I suppose now that you mention it the 416Taylor is relatively cost effective given dies/reamers etc...
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Con, you should donate that barrel to the "red's 09 argentine 416 Taylor fund", totally not for profit organization. :-)

Jeffe, where are you getting the brass for that price? I ordered some for the one I am having built for my stepfather and I think Quality Cartridge charged me 39 for 20, if I remember right. My dies were more also, I got them on sale at Midways, RCBS for 80 bucks. But that is are standard that we use and I don't think my stepfather uses anything but RCBS (I am not a die snob, I have some lee's in there and will get Hornady's for the 458 Lott).

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Get a .416" bump die for a corbin press, and you can bump up the .410 rifle and pistol bullets. That way you get the cost advantages of the 416 Taylor and more readily available hunting bullets, and the flexibility to use the .410" bullets as well.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's called a .411 KDF, it's a wonderful idea, and way more expensive. I had planned the same thing because I have a thousand .410 rifle bullets in various weights that were given to me. Now I'm building a .416 Taylor instead.(properly headstamped brass means nothing to me.)

Posts: 144 | Location: Llano County, Texas | Registered: 16 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes it is the 411 KDF not Taylor. Sort of a pet peave I have developed and I hope I do not offend anyone BUT, just because it is a big bore based on the 458 case does not mean Robert Taylor had anything to do with it. I see 375 Taylor referred to at times and it is not, it is the 375/338 or 375/458. 416 Taylor only. Sorry to rant.
Doug

Posts: 229 | Location: Asheville, NC USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote