Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

8mm-338
 Login/Join

posted
Does anybody know anything about this cartridge? Any loads or general info? Thanks!

Posts: 11 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you speak of the .338 Win Mag necked down to .32/8MM, The loads should be close to the parent case or even the .308 Norma mag.

Posts: 281 | Location: MN | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
I have a 323 Hollis it is based on the 308 Norma mag necked up to 323 and it is one fine cartridge. P.O Ackley said it was one of the better wildcats it wasn't a overbore like all the 30 cal magnums my load is 78.0gr of H-4831 behind a 200 gr Nosler part. if you use this load you might want to back off a couple of grains. It was chronographed at 3300 F.P.S and far as I know my friends chrono was working nothing wrong with it. I have killed several elk with this round. Now for the Velocity I need to get my own chrono to make sure that is the velocity I'm getting for this cartridge.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
gentlemen

Nils Kvale made a cartridge in 8mm based on a shortend 300 H&H case, it was called "poor mans magnum".

Nils Kvale was president for Norma.

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Send an e-mail to my address in my profile & I will send it to you as a jpg file that you can enlarge & print out. It comes from Speer Manual #9.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote