Find
Notify
Tools

.22-08 anyone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,

I've never had much interest in wildcatting and currently shoot rifles chambered in the tried and tested .243, .308 and 7mm Rem Mag. However, I have recently been thinking about a .22-08 and how it would compare to say a .22-250. I expect it must be out there although a search on forums doesn't yield much. Can anyone confirm it exists and if so is it a worthwhile development?

Thanks

Posts: 89 | Location: Nantwich, England | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
22 Cheetah 2 different versions Mark I and Mark II. One on a 308 case and one on 243 case.
Jim Carmichael and Fred Huntington.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also the 22 Middlestead, which has a sharper shoulder angle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure of any wildcats that have not been done. The 22/243 has been out there a pretty good while in several variations. Agree with Marc. The Middlestead with the sharper angled shoulder is the way to go. They put up impressive velocities and eat up barrels quickly. Copper fouling and susequent cleaning will occupy a lot of your time.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
Think 22 FAST TWIST, shoot 22/250, 22/250 AI, or 22BR (believe you can get a chamber reamed for 6BR brass necked down WITHOUT neck turn) if that is of interest.....

shoot 75 amax, 80 sierra's......it might actually surpass or equal light fast bullets, by better retention.

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote