Find
Notify
Tools

425 WR wildcats?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone make wildcats based on the 425 Westly Richards? thanks capt david

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Yes! I do, but not again until harder brass is available.They now have been rechambered to handle the 404 case. It's a great idea I once thought to rechamber mod. 98s. If it weren't for the soft brass it would have been OK. It rquired a little metal removal on the magazine side walls and a modified follower and feed rails. Charles Huntington wrote and let me know after the fact thaat the brass I first got from him wasn't adequate for wildcating. He sent me a bunch of free brass and said it would be somewhat better.He was right, but it wasn't good enough.

I asked Mast Tech. if they would make some brass and they politely replied that they were not interested at this time.
Now if you are interested in makeing a 8mmX.425WRX2.5 I've got the reamer. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the 45 blaser was a wildcat making from 425 wr brass, it is in fact a 11.58x60 and very similar to the old 11.2x60 Schueler but with a bigger case. the ammo is available in europe, Romey load this in horneber cases. dont know if cases available but its a possiblity to start with a good brass case.