Find
Notify
Tools

300RCM specs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,
Have reamer specs on the 300RCM been released yet?
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nobody knows???

Well I suppose its best to go check with the reamer manufacturers so I've emailed Dave Manson.
Cheers...
Con

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got a response that indicates marketing indeed beat engineering on this one.
Cheers...
Con

one of us
posted Hide Post
Finally got a supply of 300RCM brass in Dec 08 although no loaded ammo as yet. Have reamer specs come out yet? If anyone has it do you mind posting it please?

Most posts on the 300RCM & 338RCM that I have read have been negative as it doesn't do any better that the WSM family. Ballistically true but just looking at the case it has a decent taper to the shoulder unlike the very parallel WSM's. This may be a shot fat that feeds!

While my MRC 1999 - 300WSM does feed, the quality of the feed is not like a 30-06 or a 375 H&H type of feed which is slick & smooth.

So Ruger may have something here with this case design. What do you think? Especially in CRF actions this case design may be a winner even if ballistics are not. Probably wishful thinking as I have bought one. Frowner

The fact that it hold less powder than a WSM may be a blessing in disguise given that the rifles it comes in are fairly lightweight.

Anyone shot their RCM's yet - especially the 300? Mine has been sitting at the dealer's since June but I just got my permit so I will be taking delivery soon.

regards,
JohnT

Posts: 370 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote