Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x68 based wildcats
 Login/Join

posted
I have an idea to build a wildcat using the 6.5x68rimmed case as a base from which to start. Has anyone got information on wildcats with 400 yard+ capabilities on game as large as big mule deer.Something that will better 25-06 performance and not eat barrels The case and caliber can be changed but will need to stay with the rimmed case for use in a singleshot action . Any ideas and info would be greatly appreciated

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just improve it.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is the 257 Banshee...improved version of the 8x68 case.

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rembo,

that was me, nearly twenty years ago in Precision Shooting Magazine.
I'm flattered that someone remembered it.
George Vais did quite a business in converting Savage 112's from 25-06 for several years, wore out a reamer.

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Rembo,

that was me, nearly twenty years ago in Precision Shooting Magazine.
I'm flattered that someone remembered it.
George Vais did quite a business in converting Savage 112's from 25-06 for several years, wore out a reamer.

regards,

Rich

I remember the article..there was a local guy about 10 years ago that had one built on a Mark V action with a McMillan stock...never forget it...

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
where could I get info on the 257 banshee case dimintions capacity and where to get someone with load data

Medicine Hat

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Medicine Hat,

Keith Francis at JGS made my reamers about 1990. They sold several a year for a long time. They will Email you a reamer print if you call and ask.

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
Medicinehat Check with TNT Guns in Regina. I believe they have reamers ,dies and data for several 6.5x68 or 8x68 wildcats.

Posts: 2436 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote