New
Find
Notify
Tools

number of different calibre wildcat ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello I would want to know with one puts which number of different calibre can your form (or how much Wildcat can be to realize (while knowing that I read on a forum that one could do not less than 200 different Wildcat)?

Which is the difference between a semi wildcat is a wildcat.?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not exactly sure what you're asking...but there are thousands of different wildcats.

Semi-wildcat in my opinion, would maybe be something that was factory made, but not all components were available. An example would be the 6.5-284, a few years ago Norma and Nosler offered ammo and brass, but no rifles. The 358 Norma is another, no factory rifles but ammo was offered. Or perhaps the 30-338 Win Mag, which was a 338 Win necked down to 30 cal, and was slightly different then the 300 Win Mag. Remington offered this caliber through the custom shop for a while, but no commercial ammunition was made for it. Some might consider "improved" cartridges as a "semi-wildcat" because they can usually still be fired in factory rifles, and are really just a change in shoulder shape, neck length and body taper. I also consider many of the A-Square cartridges as "semi-wildcat" in that they are the only ones who make brass, rifles and ammo, but you see many people making them in custom guns, like the 338-06

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
donttroll

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38486 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote